Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sad

One of the little girls in Lafe's class died early Friday morning in a house fire along with her mother (who was pregnant) and her grandfather. She sat next to Lafe in class. We have talked to him and are so thankful for the peace and the innocence of a child. He wanted to know if Jodi would still have birthday parties in Heaven. He also said "I want to die when I'm a kid!" When David asked him why, he said "So Jodi will recognize me!!!!" So sweet. He is sad, but I am amazed at the peace God is giving him. Or maybe he is accepting the peace God gives much easier than David and I are. I am the room mom in his class and have had a few opportunities to be with his class. Jodi was such a sweet, loving little girl. In fact, at the Christmas party on Thursday, she couldn't stop hugging me.

Please be praying for Lafe's teacher. She goes to our church and we are so brokenhearted for her. I can't imagine what the next few weeks will entail for Audria. I am thanking God that she and the kids have the next two weeks to be home surrounded by people who love them so much!!! So thankful that they are not having to go back into that situation right away without Jodi. Please pray that God will give Audria peace and the words she will need to answer the comments and questions when they do return to school. WE LOVE YOU, AUDRIA!!!!!! More than words can express.

9 comments:

annalee said...

i can't even imagine. thinking of your family and lafe's class at this time. praying all have the peace that only Christ can give.

Dana said...

Oh! That is sooo sad. I'll say a prayer for Lafe and all the other kids.

Amy said...

Oh Juli - I'm so sorry. Amy was telling me about that, but I don't think she knew all the information. I will be praying for Lafe and Audria.

Maggie said...

Breaks my heart. Maisy and I passed the burning house on Friday on the way to school and we said a prayer together...Maisy was worried about their Christmas tree burning up. I would have never imagined such a tragedy. Prayers still going up!

Jennifer McHam said...

Oh my goodness. How incredibly sad. We will be praying for their family and her teacher. Thanks JB.

Jenny Rizer said...

Oh, so heartbreaking. As a teacher, I can't imagine what a tough situation that will be. I will be praying for all involved. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

so, so sad. I can't even imagine how to have that kind of conversation with my kids. many prayers...

Rebecca said...

Wow, what a terrible situation! I'm glad that Lafe is doing ok with it though, and that everyone has two weeks to work through it at home.

Anonymous said...

Jodi's mom Joy, was a good friend to many of my friends. I am trying to help others in the grieveing process as well. It gets harder though as the "truth" comes out because what actually happened to these people is absolutely horrible. I will pray for all of you as you go through this process!!