Monday, November 30, 2009

Sneaky and Funny

SNEAKY: Today Joseph was supposed to be taking a nap. David and I thought we heard him moving around upstairs. So, I went to his room to check. When I went in his room he was up cleaning. He had already cleaned his whole room. He put all of his books back in his bookshelf, stuffed animals in his rocking chair, and the dirty clothes that had been on his floor in his laundry basket. It was so funny!!! He wanted to be out of his bed, but he knew he would get in trouble. I guess he figured out it's awfully hard for Mommy and Daddy to be mad at you when you've just cleaned your room without being asked. Little toot!!!!! No, he didn't get in trouble, but he did get tucked back into bed and told there would be a consequence if he got out of bed again.

FUNNY: For my friends and family who know Ashley (Lambert) Hall, this will make you wet your pants. We were at Wal-Mart last night picking out our Christmas tree. As we were walking in I heard someone call my name. We looked over and it was Ashley. So fun!!! I love that girl so much. We are in the process of getting licensed to be foster parents through the same agency that Ashley and Lance adopted their five children from. So, we were talking about all of that and she was telling me about a lady she knows who has a job she thought I would be perfect for. Needless to say, we said a lot in a very short amount of time. When Ashley left to go to her car, we began walking into the store and Lafe said "Wow! That was nonstop talking!!!!!" If you know Ashley, you know that was a VERY accurate assessment. I stopped Ashley as she was driving by to tell her and she died laughing. He cracks me up!!!!

4 comments:

megan said...

I wish I would run in to Ashley. Love that girl so much! And love you, too!

Josh said...

I can hear her being loud right in the middle of Wal-mart and her laugh and excitement to see you. Last year when we were in town for a Youth Rally at the Arlington Convention Center (with over 3,000 people there), I heard "JOSH JONES!" from across one of the aisles and immediately knew that Ashley was there. She is so funny.

Rebecca said...

She probably peed her pants a little from laughing!

That's great that you're going to foster. Are you planning on foster to adopt, or just foster? We actually contaced that agency too, but we've put all adoption plans on hold during the fertility treatments because the chance of multiples is greater.

Karissa said...

I just read your latest comment on my blog and it made me cry!! Thank you so much for your sweet words and prayers. You helped me through high school so much and I miss seeing you at church twice a week. Maybe I can see you this summer when I stop in Arlington on my way to Houston. Hope everything's going well for you guys! Love you so much!!!