Thursday, November 12, 2009

Praise God!!!


We are so excited to be able to tell you that God is already healing Lafe's eye!!!!!!!!! God is so good!

We got a good report yesterday at the opthamologist appointment. There is some function in that eye already without any treatment. Hum! Wonder how that happened???!

He will have to have his right eye patched for ONLY 2 hours everyday. We will be able to do it in the afternoons after school.

And..... we got GLASSES!!! Remember, we were told glasses wouldn't work. And, they wouldn't have with the other prognosis, but because God is already healing that eye, glasses will work!!!!

Our follow up appointment will be in March and we will be having Joseph evaluated at that same time.

I can't tell you how incredibly blessed we are for having friends and family who have been on their knees right along side of us lifting our precious son's name to our Father. We thank you for loving us and comforting us through all of this.

The best part of the entire appointment was the moment that David and I looked up to find this sign:
It says: "As Christian physicians, we welcome the opportunity to pray with our patients and their families. Please let us know if you would like us to pray with you."

I have worked with these physicians in the hospital when they come to see our premature babies. However, I have never been in their office. I knew that I loved them, but I didn't know this about them.

We did ask Dr. Packwood to pray with us and guess what he prayed for..... Complete Healing!! He also asked God to help him see God's work through the process of Lafe's healing.

I told David there's nothing like getting a big, fat, tangible sign saying "I'm Here!!!!" We know that God is walking through this with us, and we are so excited to have so many witnessing his healing power with us.

8 comments:

Kayla said...

That's wonderful! God is so good! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

megan said...

Praise God! That is awesome news. I'm so happy that God is already healing Lafe!

Jennifer McHam said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On so many levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Godknecht said...

Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, let the earth hear His voice!

Jennifer said...

How wonderful! God is good! (and I LOVE that the doctor prayed with and for you!!!)

Jenny Rizer said...

Wow, that is so cool. Reading this literally brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for sharing this wonderful news!

Dana said...

Yay!!!! I'm so glad to hear this answer to prayers!

Rebecca said...

That's so exciting!

BTW, I've tried to comment on here for most of your posts, but when I get on your site from school, it shows me like one of the pictures and nothing else. I just started clicking all over the page this time until the comment window popped up.