Monday, August 31, 2009

Is anyone else bothered by this????

Have any of you seen the new Jack-in-the-Box commercials? It's advertising a game they are playing with the peel away stickers on their cups. It is called Jack's Big Ripoff.

In the commercials Jack is walking down the sidewalk and random people rip their clothes off of their bodies and throw them at Jack. It leaves grown adults standing there stripped down to their underwear. Women in bras and panties and men in boxer shorts. Is anyone else APPALLED that this is on TV when our children might be watching?????????? I am seriously considering boycotting eating at their establishment. How about you?

6 comments:

Staci said...

I saw it too and was SHOCKED! I'll join you in a boycott.

Dana said...

Wow! We don't have Jack in the Box here, so I hadn't seen it. That is crazy.

Gran said...

YES, I was appalled and disgusted to say the least.

I sent an e-mail via the Jack-in-the-Box website telling them of my disgust and that I would not be patronizing their establishment any more and would encourage my friends not to also.

gran

Sue said...

I saw it for the first time yesterday, and was shocked. Even though the underwear doesn't show any more skin than someone in a bathing suit, it was just the idea that people would be willing to strip in public just to win a hamburger contest that made me wonder just where our world is heading. I like "Gran's" idea of writing Jack-in-the-Box to let them know that we are appalled, and boycotting the restaurant until this ad campaign is dropped.

Anonymous said...

I saw this last night for the first time, and was disturbed by it. That is completely inappropriate. I believe I will go to the website and complain also.

suzspeaks said...

I haven't seen it but WOW!