Friday, October 16, 2009

My Mommy Said Not to Put SNAILS in my NOSE!!!

Growing up we always sang a silly song that goes:
My Mommy said not to put beans in my ears, beans in my ears, beans in my ears.
My Mommy said not to put beans in my ears. Beans in my ears.

(it goes on to other parts of the body and such)

Well, today we had our first incident with someone putting something up their nose! I can't believe I've been a mother for 10 years and this has never happened!!!!!! However, I'm very thankful.

All three of the boys were playing outside yesterday. They found a frog, crickets, and snails. I'm telling you this living with a creek in our backyard has brought the critters!!! My boys are LOVING it. (we won't talk about the snake from a couple of days ago)

Anyway, so this morning they were outside before we left for school. They once again found snails. Joseph had a little one that he has carried around with him all morning long.

I noticed him about an hour and a half ago picking at his nose. That might sound normal for a 2 year old, but he NEVER picks his nose.

So, I said "Joseph. We don't pick our noses. Do you need a tissue."

He looked at me with his big, beautiful blue eyes and said "YES! Get it out!!!!"

I thought that must be some mighty big booger for him to be so upset. Then, it clicked!!! OH. MY. GOODNESS! He had that dumb snail in his hand!!!!!

I said "Did you put that snail in your nose??"

He said yes and then began crying. I was afraid he would suck it even further up in there. I finally got him calmed down enough to cover the opposite nostril and have him blow it out! GROSS!!!!! Other than a little blood that followed, he is fine.

When I asked him why he did it, he said "Because I wanted to." Great logic!!!

3 comments:

megan said...

oh no! I'm glad that it wasn't up so far that you had to take the dreaded trip to the hospital to use those long tweezer things. We haven't actually had any incidences like this...thank goodness!

Jennifer McHam said...

OH GROSS!!! I have caught Tristan trying to put stuff in his nose ...I know the day is coming!! My dad is an ENT and he said it is nearly unavoidable - Every kid tries to put something in their nose or in their ear. YUCK!

Dana said...

THAT'S DISGUSTING!!!!!! I'm so glad neither of my kids has done that yet!